Thursday, February 1, 2007

Age...

I'm 25 years old. Now I know that I am not old, but each year that passes by I get a little more tense about this baby thing. Not because I feel I will be too old to have kids, but that I will be too old when they move out!! Don't laugh! I always dreamed of having kids young so that by the time they are off to college, I would only be in my early 40's. That would be awesome! I mean there are some women who are only just starting their families at 40!

I know that this is all very silly, but I really do hate that the months pass by and that even if I get pregnant now and everything went as planned (I want to have 3 kids... well right now I want three... ask me again after the first!), I will be 30 by the time I have my last. That means I will be almost 50 before they leave the house! Not bad, but still 40 would be much better!

So, most of you are probably laughing at me right now, and rightly so! I'm laughing at the stupidity of it to! But come on... wouldn't you love to be young(er) when the kids left the nest?

Shannon :)

2 comments:

The Mailman's Wife said...

Hey! I am not too sure. Now that I have Megan and it is still VERY possible that she will be the only one, I want to have her around forever. I am sure she will be MORE ready to leave the house then I will be to let her go. I am already thinking about life without her in the house and I always ask Mike what we would do and he simply says "Enjoy eachother" HA! I am sure we will enjoy eachother...as long as we are planning trips to see Meg and the grandchild(ren)! Don't get me wrong Mike and I do enjoy eachother like crazy sometimes literally! **WINK**...Meg just adds another element. God knows the perfect time line so no worries. I can understand your thoughts tho...I thought the same way but now it has changed. Love you!!!

2qurios said...

That is mine and Christina's plan. We never had the opportunity to date much, so we figure we'll get to it when the kids leave. I do agree with the mailman's wife, that you never really want them to leave, but I think those views may change around the teenage years :)

~2q