Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Thought for the day...

I have a calender on my desk that has little thoughts on it and this is what today's said:

"Why does God do this to me? That question loses its power when I remember that this Lord, into whose strong hands I long ago committed my life, is engineering a universe of unimaginable proportions and complexity. How could I possibly understand all that He must take into consideration as He deals with it and with me, a single individual! He has given us countless assurances that we cannot get lost in the shuffle."

That helped today. Sometimes I wonder why God has made us wait so long for a child. Its hard not to get angry some days and feel as if he has forgotten us. But I know better. I know that he has done many wonderful things for Jeff and I, things that we don't even deserve. I complain about God not answering my prayers, but how often do I pray? And when I do... is it always about me? ME, ME, ME! What about thanks for the wonderful life he has given us! What about thanks for our health, our family, friends, and church. We have tons to be thankful for.

I know that some day I will have a child. Whether it be of my own flesh and blood or if we adopt. I also know that there will still be difficult days ahead, days when I will be angry, and bitter. But God is great! And I know that he has a plan for us, and for our unborn child. I just need to learn patience.

Shannon

1 comment:

The Mailman's Wife said...

Amen Shannon! Although it is much tougher to just simply believe. I came to the same conclusion about the prayer part and learning how to just be thankful for what He has done for us. Sometimes all it takes is for us to just stop and look around us to realize that He DOES know what He is doing even when we think we could do it quicker and better! Love you lot's! Praying for your patience,
Lady.xox