Sunday, January 21, 2007

The dreaded 2 week wait!

The 2 week wait (2ww) has to be the hardest part of the month. It is the time from ovulation to your period. During those two weeks your mind plays havoc with your emotions. One day you feel a little cramp... Am I pregnant? Or your breasts hurt... am I pregnant? Or you feel a little nauseous.... am I pregnant? Its really annoying. And no matter how much you determine not to get your hopes up every time you "feel" something you think this just may be the month. And of course in my case I have been wrong about that 36 times!

Do you know what really bugs me though? When people say "Don't think about it... just let it happen" Please, I beg of you, if you ever meet or know someone who has fertility issues do NOT say this. I don't care if that's how you got pregnant, or your friend got pregnant or your mother! It is not the point. The point is this... HOW?! I would love to not spend my days dreaming of the morning I pee on a stick and get two lines rather then one! I would love to not cry myself to sleep after I have spent the day with friends who have children. I would love to not be jealous every time I hear someone is pregnant. So if someone can tell me how to NOT think about it.. please share it with me.

So meanwhile I will go to bed at night dreaming of the day that I hold my baby, and I will think about all the things I will do with him/her, and I will continue to cry as I think of the unfairness of it all. And I will wait, the dreaded two week wait, in hopes that my dreams will come true this month.

Shannon

3 comments:

Christina said...

Shannon, you made me cry. I promise I will try and be sensitive to your feelings, and I only hope that I haven't already said anything that would make you feel that way.

I don't think you should stop thinking about it; just don't allow yourself to despair.

I know that God has plans for you and Jeff, Shannon. You will be a great mother one day; the way you love our kids is evidence of that. You haven’t exhausted all of your resources yet; don’t give up!

We will continue to pray for you!

Love,
Christina

Shannon said...

You have not said anything that would even be close to what I was talking about... so no worries! I hope I don't make anyone feel bad with this post. It wasn't in anyway directed at any of my family or friends. I just thought that I would let everyone know.

I am on a forum for women with fertility problems and this type of complaint is the most popular! So many people think they are being helpful. I just wanted to let everyone know that even with good intentions it still hurts.

So please no feeling bad! Not you or anyone else reading this blog. I love you all!

Shannon

The Mailman's Wife said...

Hi My Shannnnnon...It is "funny" we are bestfriends and still I don't know everything about you. Thank you for reminding me how tough this is for you guys. I don't think one can truely understand something unless they walk it but with your writting(VERY talented by the way)it can give us a glimpse. Thank you for being honest and open about this all. It helps to know how to pray for you and Jeffy. I agree with Christina I cried too, not out of pity but because I love you and Jeffy SOOO much that I want you guys to have your dreamed of baby. The coolest thing is that when it happens I KNOW that you and Jeffy will make the BEST parents because of what you have been thru. I love you and wish I could be there with you so I can just hug you. Missing you like crazy,
Lady.xox