Tuesday, January 23, 2007

ARGGGGG!!!!

So I went yesterday for my blood work and while I was there, a girl and her mom were waiting in the waiting room. They looked like they were from a lower income family. The mom was quite anxious, and had a few "chats" with the nurse about how long it was taking to get the results back on a test. The daughter looked quite calm and actually was telling her mother to sit down and relax.

While I was giving my information to the nurse one of the lab techs delivered the news to them. The daughter was pregnant! They screamed and jumped and cried and hugged... and it was quite emotional. Except the daughter is like 16!!!!!! I was so mad. It is so unfair that a 16 year old is pregnant, that the family looks as if they can't even afford the clothes on their back! Here I am taking a stupid blood test to see why I, a mature (okay... somewhat mature) married women, who can provide a loving, supportive home can't get pregnant. Then of course the nurse I was working with goes into how she found out she was pregnant, and how excited she was, and how it just happened! I mean shes filling out a form that's about my infertility. Have a little sensitivity!

So anyways, I came back to the office to see Jeff and I was almost in tears. I wanted so badly to be that girl... to find out I was pregnant and scream for joy! I was jealous of her more then anything.

And yes I know that I am being a little judgmental of this family. And they just may be the best people in the world to raise a baby. So I apologise for being mean about them. I just wanted to get the frustration off my chest.

Shannon

2 comments:

The Mailman's Wife said...

Hi Shannon...Don't worry you are human. I can't imagine what that would feel like all I can do is continue to pray for you guys. We love you and know that God's plan is perfect. Just keep hoping in Jesus and try your best to seek Him during this whole process...sometimes easier said then done I am sure. I love you!

Lady.xox

John Mutford said...

Wow Shannon, that was insensitive of that nurse. I understand she was excited, but that was just plain mean to you. As for the 16 year old, Debbie and I have been talking about that very same thing. Sometimes it must feel so unfair and unjust.