Friday, February 2, 2007

Mom... where are you?

I love my mom and dad. They are wonderful parents and have always been great supporters of my calling, my decisions, and my life in general.

For those who don't know, my parents are working at oil camps in northern Alberta. My Mom is the second cook and my dad is the camp attendant. Sometimes they get to go to a camp that has cell phone access. Other times, like right now, they are so far out in the woods that there isn't a chance that a cell phone would work! I believe they are near the Yukon boarder actually.

I like to talk to my Mom (a lot) and especially in these past few years. You see, my mom had trouble getting pregnant as well. She was diagnosed with endometriosis. It took many years for her to get pregnant. And for all those years she went through the same heartbreaks that I have been going through.. seeing others having babies, seeing people who don't want to be pregnant having babies and having to put your life on hold as you spend time, emotions, and money on treatments.

My Mom is the only other person that I know personally that has gone through what I am going through. And not having her here to talk to has been a little difficult. Especially with us now going to doctors and having tests done. My biggest fear right now is that next week at my HSG Dye Test I will find out I have endometriosis and I won't be able to talk to her about it. I mean no offense to any of my family and friends reading this, you would all be very supportive, but my mom would truly understand.

So I am very sad that I cannot talk to her right now, but I am praying that the test will go fine and I won't need her shoulder to cry on. I am also hoping that she will be placed in a new and closer camp soon!

I love you Mom!

Shannon

3 comments:

The Mailman's Wife said...

Hi Shannon,
I know I am not your mom but I do want you to know that I really love you and I will be praying for you. You guys will always have our support in anything that you need or want to do. I miss you and I wish I were there to be with you. If there is anything I can do please let me know and I will try my best to help. Love you lots!

Lady.xox

2qurios said...

Your mom actually tried for 8 years to have a child. It had been so long in trying they tried the adoption route and were successfully accepted to be the proud parents of a black baby boy. Much to her amazement she found out she was pregnant with her own child and gave birth to handsome, strong, intelligent, witty, and a down right great guy, baby boy. He was their favourite child and spoiled on a regular basis until the Lord blessed her with some snot nosed red head kid, who quickly replaced him as the "Fav". This threw the little boys life into utter chaos for the next 14 years. Things worked out in the end, though. Both children grew up with amazing parents who loved them unconditionally despite their differences. Though looking back I'm sure mom must have thought she should have stuck with the adoption.

The Lord will bless you in many ways. One may be with a child, another may be with an amazing marriage. Either way He is always watching, always listening, always providing for what's best for us and always on His time schedule. No matter what His decision is I still think he blessed my Mom with the best red head ever. Your awesome Shannon.

Love you,
~2q

Shannon said...

Hey bro,

Umm... thanks I think! At least for the last comment! Its funny how much we didn't get along when we were kids. Its a good thing we matured... HAHAHAHA! Isn't that a joke!

I think God gave me a pretty cool older brother! Even if he made me stick out my tongue so that he could write on it... remember that?

Anyways, Love you lots!

Shannon