Monday, February 12, 2007

What a weekend!

I had a pretty good weekend. First off, I'm not sure if i did ovulate last week... my temperatures are all over the place... so there is still a little chance for this month. That's good because it gives me hope. Its amazing how much my mood changes when I know that there is hope and something to look forward to.

Second, on Sunday I shared with the congregation our struggles with infertility. I preached on Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path." It is my favorite Bible Verse and it has gotten me through a lot in my life so far. I shared with them that sometimes we don't understand why God is doing something (or not doing something!), but we need to lean on him and trust that he knows whats best for us. Of course as soon as I shared about our struggles I started crying, and from there the whole sermon kind of flopped! Everyone was very supportive though. It felt good to share this with them. They are like our "family", each and every one of them, and its good to have support from "family".

So that was my weekend. We planned on going to Drumheller to see our friends who had a baby last week, but the weather here has been pretty horrible. It has snowed everyday, almost all day, for well over a week now. Its crazy! So we will head down there maybe next weekend.

So that's it right now. I hope you all had a good weekend. For those who are working this Monday morning... I feel for you! We have the day off today!! YAH!!! Love you all! :)

Shannon

1 comment:

The Mailman's Wife said...

Hey Shannon!

Glad to hear that your sermon went well. I think it is important for your congregation to know that you and Jeffy have struggles as well. I am proud of you and I love you!
XOX!