Friday, February 23, 2007

Clomiphene Citrate Tablets it is then...

So Jeff and I met with the doctor today to discuss our options and to hear the results of my blood work from last month. Looks as if everything on my part is normal. I'm ovulating, my thyroid is great, I don't have a tumor at the base of my skull (didn't even know this was a possibility!!) and my uterus is a welcoming and friendly environment for the sperm! So all is good in that area.

So that really just leaves Jeff's sperm quality... which really isn't all that bad. So the doctor prescribed the above mentioned tablets otherwise known as clomid. I start taking it Monday for 5 days (Days 5-9 of your cycle). It stimulates your ovaries so that you produce two eggs rather then one. So twins here we come! The rate of twins is 1 in 10. So you just never know.

They will only do 6 months of clomid. If it doesn't work in that amount of time it won't ever work. If clomid doesn't work we are off to the city for treatments, but the doc said that there is a waiting list for people my age of at least a year. So that sucks. Plus, where as this medication only costs 50 dollars a month, anything after will likely cost up to $10,000 per month. Not a possibility at this point. We'd have to save for a few years to get that kind of money. So if anyone out there is rich... :)

So that's it. We will see on Monday if I have any side effects from the clomid. Some women can't tolerate it. Hopefully I'll be strong!

Shannon

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Shannon, I came by here by way of your hi5 profile, and I just wanted to say good luck to you and your husband with the baby making! :) Our son Max is now 6 weeks old and you are right, every child is a miracle, your miracle will happen soon! Who knows, maybe you'll get two in one shot! :) One is enough work for me, but he's very much worth it!
-Dawn Link (Adey)

Shannon said...

Hey Dawn,

Thanks for the comments! By the way... I've been looking at your photos and what a cutie you have!! Max I mean! ;) Sorry Ralph! Congratulations!

Shannon