Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I hate doctors!!!

So I phoned for an appointment with my doctor to discuss what we need to do next. I can't get an appointment until next Friday, the 23rd! I'm so frustrated. She is never in her office. The receptionist was reading out her schedule and she is in Calgary doing courses and seminars like every day! This is like the 3rd time I have tried to set up appointments with her and it takes forever. ARGHHH!!

That's life I guess. The ladies on the forum I'm on say that it can take up to a year to actually get going on fertility treatments. Its like the doctors don't care that you've been waiting long enough. There is actually one lady who shared that her doctor told her "Whats one more month when you've been trying for 2 years!" Can you believe it! I think I would have lost my cool at that.

Well, that's my rant for this morning!

Shannon

3 comments:

John Mutford said...

When Debbie and I first started trying, her body had been screwed up, we believe from Depo Provera. She had few complications and went to have them checked. The nurse said to her, "It's not like you have Cancer or something." As if any other health concern, such as going through fertility problems, were not relevant or worthy of her attention. I know everyone's entitled to a bad day, but sometimes it seems that some people are horribly mismatched with their line of work.

Shannon said...

WOW! It’s hard to believe that people can be that insensitive. And yeah I understand a bad day (I have them all the time!) but no matter how bad my day is I don't take it out on the clients I see or people from our congregation. Some people just don't think.

So, obviously you and Debbie worked things out (considering you have two beautiful kids... one of which I have never met by the way!) But did you have to do anything medically? Or did things just work it self-out?

John Mutford said...

Oddly, what worked for her was getting the pill (strange, eh?) She just had to go back on long enough to get her cycles back on track, then it worked out.