Tuesday, February 6, 2007

um.. goodnight brain

All I can think about is babies and being pregnant and it is driving me nuts! I haven't been this obsessed for a long, long time. I closed off much of my emotions a long time ago, mainly, I believe, to protect myself. I don't think I could cope with this type of emotional roller coaster every month. I'd go insane!

Everything I see, or do reminds me of being pregnant or having a child. Do you know how many times the commercial for home pregnancy tests comes on in one night? A lot! I walk by the spare room (Or as we call it.. the babies room) and I envision how I will set everything up. I sit in our living room and I imagine where I will put the toys, and the high chair. Literally, everything I do somehow makes me think of babies!!

Today was kind of stupid too because I was nauseous and having to go pee a lot, which of course are signs of pregnancy... which is impossible since I am way too early in my cycle for all that. But my brain just automatically thinks..."I must be pregnant!". This doesn't help because my exam is on Friday and if I am pregnant, the test will terminate it. So I think my worries about all of that is making my body play tricks on me. I shouldn't ovulate until after the test.

If someone knows a way to turn off your brain... please let me know!

Good night all!
Shannon

3 comments:

The Mailman's Wife said...

Hey Sweetheart,
Turning off your brain is really hard to do. This is going to sound SUPER bad..but read your Bible. It does put you to sleep...That sounds SOOO horribe and funny coming from a potential pastor but it is true. However it makes you sleepy for other reasons...most people think it is the "boredom" that makes you sleepy but in actuality it is the peace that washes over you that makes you rest easier. Also, if those symptoms continue will you take a pregnancy test before Friday? I am sure that would put your mind at ease. I know how I would be...if I didn't take a test before the Friday one I would FOREVER wonder "what if?" Do yourself a favor and check if you are unsure. As long as it wouldn't completely destroy your hopes. Just remember that you are on the journey to parenthood and that in itself is EXCITING!!! I love you! Give a call anytime you need to! Love and Prayers to you both!

Lady.xox

Shannon said...

Thanks for the advice! And yes I will be taking a test on Friday morning just to make sure. I too wouldn't be able to live with myself wondering "what if?"

Talk to you later!

Shannon

Mom /Shelley said...

Shannon,
Since reading your blog over the last few days, you have been much on my mind and in my prayers.
We are believing with you. If there is news on Friday, please call (any news) we leave for Myrtle Beach on Sunday.
Love you so much!!!