Thursday, March 8, 2007

Yet another beautiful day!

So it is again a beautiful day outside. Its a little windy, but it is still nice to breath the fresh spring air. I fear it is only a tease though. Just a Chinook coming through to make us put away our winter gear. Then one morning we shall wake up to a foot of snow on the ground.

Jeff and I have started walking everyday now, and it's been really nice. I have just been gaining more and more and it is driving me nuts. I keep thinking that if I continue on this path I will be so overweight that I won't be able to motivate myself at all. So Jeff and I have started to change a few things. The two main ones at this point is walking everyday and eating at the table. Sounds funny I know, but I think some of our problems is that we eat everything in front of the T.V. What happens then is that you eat too much and you don't get up afterwards. I end up staying down there watching TV all night. Not good. So we've decided that slow little changes is the best way to not get discouraged.

As for baby making progress, I still can't tell if I have ovulated or not. This clomid has really changed my cycle. I haven't been getting the tell-tell signs that I normally get. Maybe I just haven't ovulated yet... but it is a little late. Who knows.

Well, I'll write more tomorrow!

Shannon

2 comments:

The Mailman's Wife said...

Hey! Glad to hear that you are taking small steps to a healthier life style. If you take on too much you are just setting yourself up for failure! Don't you just FEEL better knowing that you are doing something? I am excited for you. I completely know what it's like to feel GROSS!

As far as ovulating...I am surprised to hear that you don't know when. It sucks that the clomid is doing that. I will keep praying that it all gets figured out. Love you both bunches!!!

John Mutford said...

Hi Shannon,
I remember Debbie and I making the decision to stop eating in front of the T.V. Glad we did. Good for you to take up walking too. I find it a little too cold here for that (though plenty do) but we are making efforts to start eating better. We've been recording what we eat each day and trying to follow the Canadian Food Guide more closely- though I'm having trouble eating my daily requirements of grain- geez, for someone who doesn't like bread products it's pretty cruel.