Wednesday, March 7, 2007

It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighbourhood...

What a gorgeous day we have here! Its 14 degrees outside! All the snow is melting, the streams are running down the side of the road... I love it! I can't wait for spring. I think spring is my favorite time of the year.

I always wanted to have a baby in the spring. I thought April or May would be great times to have a baby. New life is beginning all around you. There is a certain smell in the air that is just unbeatable. You can bring your baby outside without bundling it up in a snow suit, you can go for walks. Its just the best time to have a baby.

But, if I get pregnant this month there will be no spring baby. Instead there will be a Christmas baby... which sucks. I think of all the months of the year, December is the worst. Especially as officers. But I can't complain, because December would work well for Mom and Dad. It would be horrible to have the baby while they are away at work.

Either way, I don't care when I have a baby... as long as I have one!! That's all that matter!

Shannon

7 comments:

John Mutford said...

There's nothing wrong with December babies!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the weather, today! It's almost time to put the winter coat away for another year!

See you at the game... Dragons vs. Oilers in Okotoks tomorrow night (Thursday) at 7pm....

I put more pics in my photobucket...

Allison

The Mailman's Wife said...

Hey Shannon it MUST be a beautiful day in order for you to post the same post twice! Goofy girl! Love ya!

Shannon said...

This is true... except I did catch it right away and I erased one of them... but I guess it didn't work. I shall try again!

Shannon

Anonymous said...

Shannon,

What a horrible thing to say about December. One of your favorite little people happens to have been born Dec 28th and it was plus 19 degree's outside the day Brittany was born. And for that matter Jenny, who was born on April 14th (one day before Easter), got snow the day she was born. So you can't go based on the month they were born, a baby is a beautiful gift at anytime of year and can make any season feel like a beautiful spring day!

Shannon said...

I think I must clarify what I was meaning by my “bash” of December. The reason why having a baby in December doesn't appeal that much to me is that a) Christmas is right around the corner, and I had friends who hated that people would combine their birthday gifts and Christmas gifts, plus you have two big "holidays" in one month. b) As Officers December is our busiest month. Therefore, every birthday would be right at a time where we wouldn't be able to give our all. c) I hate that you can't bring your newborn out for a walk right away. I dream of walking around the lake by our house with my little baby (showing him/her off!). I wouldn't be able to do that until spring. d) Infants need to be dressed warmly as it is... but in the winter they have to be bundle all the more. I just feel sorry for them.

I think that’s all my reasons. Now to all those who were born in December, or who have children with birthdays in December, I love you all and I have nothing against you! As I said in my post I just want to have a child... I don't care what month! I'll take anything! I would just prefer a “spring” baby.

Hope this clarifies things for everyone.

Shannon

The Mailman's Wife said...

Hey Shannon! You have EVERY right to prefer anything you want! No one knows better then you that you will love that baby no matter when HE is born. I say "he" because he has to marry Megan. LOL! Anyhow,I am sure no one is really taking anything personally. If so...no worries it is their issue, not yours. I say prefer away...God is that BIG!!! Love you!!!