Thursday, March 1, 2007

1991 Toyota Tercel

So you are looking at a new(er) car that we are picking up today. Mom and Dad were wanting a little car that they could use when they come here every year. This way they can drive to Grande Prairie rather then take the bus all the time. It also gives them freedom while they are there.

Its a 1991 Toyota Tercel. Its in great shape, but it doesn't have many options. Which is okay because Mom and Dad just wanted a car that could get them from A to B. It has 195, 000 kms on it which is great. Pretty low for a '91. Its a standard which sucks, because I don't drive standard. But Jeff does and he's pretty excited about it. What is it with Men and standards? Does it boost your masculinity or something?
So want to hear the best part!! Mom and Dad will be leaving it here while they are back in Newfoundland, so we will have a second car! YAH!! You have no idea how great that is for us. Jeff and I have been wanting to buy another car for a long time, but we wanted to pay off the one we've got first. So this is great. Jeff and I will just pay for insurance and maintenance. Insurance won't be much anyways. Our car is only $700.00. Its amazing what turning 25 can do!
The best thing about the car is that we can put off buying a van (which we were going to get sometime this year.) until we absolutely need it, like when we have a baby (or babies!). So we can save our money.

Anyways, enough about the car! My last clomid pills are tonight. I'm SOOO happy that I haven't had any side effects. It means that if I have to keep taking these pills for a few months I won't dread it. Lets hope though that I won't need to take them next month! ;-)

Have a good day everyone!

Shannon

7 comments:

The Mailman's Wife said...

Hey,
Isn't it great to know that God provides us with all our needs and even some of our wants??!! Congrats on the "new to you" car. That is such a blessing! I agree with Jeffy, standards are GREAT! I miss driving one.

Lord, if it is Your will please help Jeffy and Shannnnon conceive this month...What a huge blessing that would be!!! Love you all!

Lady.xox

The Mailman's Wife said...

HEY! Time to post something new now!!!

2qurios said...

I don't recall a single birthday where I didn't ask Mom and Dad for a car. Did I ever get one? No. I also recall begging to use the family car to drive to school or to go around for a drive. Did I? No. But wait, little sis asks to use the car in high school and it basically becomes hers. Now to top it off they buy her a car. I'm really not jealous, just bitter and full of resentment. But that's ok, I'm seeing a therapist for that.

In all serious. Congrats. Have fun. And BTW, I haven't driven a standard since I was 11. Don't care to have one now.

~2q

Shannon said...

Ummm... 11? First off, thats really young, and second, who had a standard and let you drive it?

I seem to recall Dad getting mad at you for treating our automatic car like a standard... I wonder if this (and MANY other reasons) is why you weren't given as much freedom with the car!

Anyways, can't wait to get out there and see you all. Its coming soon... you better find a place for us to sleep! We should plan something for the Saturday... like a day trip to someplace. It would be good to bring the kids out somewhere fun.

Shannon

Christina said...

Congrats on your little car! A Toyota should drive forever! :)

I have nothing to say about Steve's driving abilities...

Can't wait to have you all out here! We've got 'lots' of space!!! We'll definitely plan something fun!

See you soon!!!

Christina

2qurios said...

We used to have a little standard car before the truck which was before the van. Actually you and Charlene almost got squat between the car and another when I slip it out of gear. The truck was also Standard me thinks. I would start it up and drive around in the drive way and down Cow Path road.

~2q

Shannon said...

I never knew we had a standard before the van, before the truck. I remember the truck (having to sit facing each other... and we slept in the back on long trips! I also remember losing a balloon out the window of the truck.) And I remember the van (piece of crap) but I do not remember a car.

I also do not recall you trying to kill Charlene and myself. I must have repressed it. Maybe that's why I have no interest in learning how to drive standard.... hummm, interesting.

Shannon