Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hey all

Hi everyone, No I am not back home but I realised today that there is wireless Internet here at Jackson's point! So I thought I had left you all hanging long enough and should clue you in on what has been going on.

I am not pregnant. This past Sunday AF showed up. It was very difficult for Jeff and I. We REALLY thought that this was the month. I felt different, had symptoms and really just felt like God had said this would be it... but it wasn't to be. So needless to say we were both very shocked and felt a little confused. But we know that God is in control and whenever it happens it will be the best time for us.

I've been thinking about Gods timing a lot lately. And after talking with a friend, who also went through infertility, about giving everything to God I've realised that I have to follow his will, not mine. This isn't new thoughts, but just a reminder. I think sometimes we need to be reminded of Gods promise that he has everything in control. I know that someday I will get pregnant but until then I need to continue to put God first.

Enough about that for a minute! We have had a wonderful time here in Ontario so far. We arrived at Jeff's parents last Tuesday and stayed with them until Thursday. Then we went to see a friend of mine in Barrie and stayed with her until Friday morning. Then we drove 5 hours to Ottawa to spend the weekend with my brother and his family and my Mom and Dad. On Monday we drove another 5 hours to Jackson's Point where Jeff dropped me off. I hate that he's not here with me! Jeff flew home last night and I will be flying home on Friday. I can't wait to get home. Its not bad here at Jackson's, but home is always nicer!

So that's about it. Please pray that Jeff and I will be able to let God lead us as we go through this journey. I always want to make it about me and what I want. I need to be able to give it over to God.

Thanks for all your prayers this month, don't give up on us!

Shannon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon,

Sorry things didn't work out for you and Jeff this month. It seems to have been a really tough month for a lot of people though. Jason just called me a couple hours ago to tell me that he had been transferred to a different store, with absolutely NO warning! Brittany has fainted twice in the last week, and Jenny has an infection in her adnoids, which may now have to be removed. As for me I'm hanging in there, saying prayers for those struggling around me and for God to give me strength to help them. And please don't forget that our offer to help is STILL open. And on a positive note, Jason and I were asked to be Godparents to his bosses daughter.

All My Love,
Breian

The Mailman's Wife said...

Hey Sweetie. So I am sitting here reading your blog and tears are welling up in my eyes. I cannot imagine how you must feel right now. I know it doesn't make you feel any better but yes, you are right...God's timing is always best. Whenever that may be. Wish I were there to give you a hug. I don't want to give false hope but are you sure you are not? I have a few friends who were pregnant and didn't know b/c AF came too. Maybe you can get a blood test to be sure? If you are sure you are sure I guess. Anyhow, I don't know. I just want to tell you that we are praying for both you and Jeffy still. I love you so much. Touch base when you can alright?

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update. Sorry that AF arrived. It'll happen when it happens. Sorry it's not what you really want to hear. I love you and maybe next month. Don't think about it too much. We are praying for you and jeff!

Anonymous said...

So sorry, Jeff and Shannon... really. :(

love and prayers,

Allison