Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I'm Home!

We had a great time with our friends in Lloydminister! It was so good to be able to spend time with them. It was hard leaving though because they are going to Training College in September (Well, they haven't been accepted just yet... but I know they're going!) and we don't know when we will see them again. We will have to figure something out.

So the trip was great and our ride back to High River was pretty uneventful... until we got home! When I got out of the car in the drive way I heard a cat meowing loudly and I thought one of the neighbours cats was trying to get in their house. I realised though that the meowing was coming from our back yard! Wondering if one of our cats had gotten out I went looking only to discover a grey and white cat sitting on our garbage box! And what a friendly cat! She couldn't get enough of us petting her. Worried that she was lost we gave her some food and water (Which she devoured quite quickly) and I put out a little padded cat house for shelter. I have never seen her around here before, so I don't know if she is a neighbours cat or not. All night of course I kept checking on her making sure that she was okay. Well, I woke up this morning and she is still there! So I guess we need to put up some "Found" posters around town this morning! I have a feeling she isn't leaving any time soon. Hmmm.... Maybe she can be my outdoor cat!

So that was all very exciting. I am not excited however to be back into the swing of things. I was quite enjoying my holiday. But that's life and there is a ton of work to be done.

Well that's it for right now. I need to go check on the cat!

Have a great day everyone!

Shannon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound calmer. I am glad that you had a great time!

breian-prayingforamiracle said...

It's glad to know that you guys had a wonderful trip. Brittany's 1st communion went well, I'll email you some pictures. I think we are coming out the weekend of the rodeo. Will you guys be around? Do you know which day the parade is?

Shannon said...

I would love some pics! As for the rodeo, the parade is on Monday morning at 10:00am I believe. I don't know the times of the rest of the events.

We (The Salvation Army) are having a concert though on Saturday May 19th. It's called "Live at the River". It's $10.00 a ticket and it includes dessert and refreshments. Its being held at the Highwood High School at 7:30pm

Hope to see you soon!

Shannon

Anonymous said...

You're going to miss having Mike and Melissa so close! I'm sorry we're leaving you too! Thank goodness for emails, blogs, the telephone... there's really no excuse these days for not keeping in touch, although I'll warn you now I'm dreadful at it!

I'm glad you had a great weekend. there's nothing like getting away to bring a little perspective to life. I hope you found the answer you were looking for. We've been praying for you.

Aaron was dedicated on the weekend. I put extra pics in my photobucket just for you.

Allison

breian-prayingforamiracle said...

We can't afford to put the girls in the rodeo this year, and I think the deadline for entries is tomorrow. But we still might come out for the parade and wave to you guys when you drive by. I will see about the dinner, but again the whole cash flow thing is a big problem right now. Jason is still injured, he goes to see the WCB doctor and physiotherapist's for assessment tomorrow. And since they cut off his physio 2 weeks ago until he saw one of their doc's his injury isn't healing properly. Anyways we will see what we can do about the long weekend. Talk to you soon.

Breian

PS The pics from the communion are posted on my facebook photo albums.

The Mailman's Wife said...

Hey, I am glad that you are home safe and sound. I am NOT glad you are home tho! It was super hard saying goodbye. I talked to Mike about the camping idea and he thought it was a great idea! It wasn't tough to convince him at all actually!!! I was delightfully surprised!

Too funny about the cat! HA! Like you need another kid hanging around. Keep me posted about her tho. Now I am interested to hear what happens with her. Anyhow, I SHOULD be writting my essay but I just don't want too! Love you and I will chat with you later. XOXO!