Wednesday, September 29, 2010

We're heading to Juneau!

We are really excited to be heading to Juneau Alaska on the weekend. This is the weekend that we were hoping on bringing our boy home and so Jeff and I decided we would take the weekend off and be alone together without any responsibilities... pretty sure our head and hearts wouldn't be in anything anyways.

We also returned things to the store today... that was hard. I was fine until she took the car seat out of my hands. We bought the car seat first for Anesu and then kept it hoping we would use it for this little boy so it held a lot of emotion for us. I was proud of myself though, I made it through with no tears, just a heavy heart. :o(

So, now his room is looking much more bare, though we have still kept a few things that we hope we will one day get to use. I've also kept a little stuffed animal I bought for him... I figure it will be something that will remind me of him in years to come. I'll pack it all away for now though.

On the TTC front we still haven't received the package of goodies we ordered. I'm really hoping it will be here before the week is out. When we ordered from this company before (when we were in High River) it only took a few days... mail takes FOREVER up here in the North.

Well that's an update for now. I'll let you know how our trip went when we get back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you and Jeff have a great weekend together! Its great to take time alone for just the 2 of you....enjoy!

Corrina