Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thank You!

It never ceases to amaze me the support I get from all my friends and family and even from people I've never met. I am extremely grateful for all the comments, messages and notes telling us that you are thinking about us and praying for us. I've especially been thankful for all the bible verses and reminders that in the midst of all of this God is right here beside us... even when it seems at times he isn't.

I'm feeling a little better now that its been a couple days. I honestly believe that 7 years of disappointments every month has given us the coping skills we need to get through these times. I had my day of crying and now I'm back at work and plugging along trying to forget about everything. I will admit that it's the little things that set me off though. For example, we had to get some groceries today and all of a sudden my heart started racing as I realised I'd have to go past the baby area which is where I bought a TON of stuff. It's easier to ignore the pain in my heart when nothing is around to remind me.

I've had a few people ask if we are going to fight the decision that was made. We explored taking the matter higher up but for every point we had they had a valid answer. We also don't want to get ourselves in trouble with the Yukon Family Services since we are still trying to adopt through them. As for our little boy, they have told us that he shouldn't be in Foster Care for too much longer as they already have some families picked out in Alberta... we are grateful for that.

I can honestly say that I am very skeptical of a system where one person can make such a life changing decision. I agree that policy must be followed... we stress it at our ministry unit all the time... but there comes a point (when other people are involved) where you just slap the hand of the employee and continue on. I really think that is what should have happened in this case.

Well, if there is any lesson we have learned through this it is don't trust any decision until the child is in your arms (and even then with adoption it can be iffy) This is two children now that we have "lost" due to "policy" and "politics". Both of my boys will always be in my heart and I will always remember them.

Thanks again for your support.

No comments: