Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My worst nightmare... come true

My hands are shaking as I write this. I just can't believe it.

As you know we had a doctors appointment today at the infertility clinic. I was looking forward to this meeting thinking that finally we would get some answers and a plan together. Well, we got some answers alright. The doctor told us that we only have a 1 % chance of ever getting pregnant on our own. I'm shocked... I just can't believe that this is happening. He told us that basically our only chances of ever having a baby is through IVF ($10,000). IUI ($400) won't work for us.

Needless to say we are devastated by this news. Even though we obviously knew something was wrong, we could pretend that it was just timing.... now the cover has been blown. We are officially "infertile". Wow, that word sounds so hollow.

Tears are falling as I write this. I just can't imagine never feeling a baby inside me. Never having a chance to hear the heartbeat of my unborn baby. Never experiencing what it is like to hold an infant that lived inside of you for 9 months. I just can't imagine....

But, as sad and hurt and broken I feel I know that God will be our strength. I know that he will be our guide.

Please pray for us. Pray that we will see what path God has for us. Pray that we will have the strength to continue on. Pray that he will be able to heal our broken hearts.

blessings,

Shannon

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo sorry! I can't imagine the turmoil you are going through. And there are no words that I can speak for you to feel better. I am praying for peace and that God shows His pathway for you and Jeff soon. We love you both!

J9 said...

Oh, Shannon, I'm so sorry!

Anonymous said...

Shannon,

I've been reading your blog and silently rooting you guys on. Reading your news, my heart sank for you. I'm so sorry.

Sue-Ann said...

Shannon....if you need to talk you know where to find me. You know I've been there and you know where I am right now. Praying for you as you come to terms with this. I know we've never met, but I'm here if you need to talk, yell, scream, cry. I've been where you are right now.

Unknown said...

Shannon, no words can express the pit in my stomach right now. I wish we were not so far away, so we could embrace you both during this time. If you are willing and able to talk, I will be home tonight.

In Christs Love,
Steve

Shannon said...

Thank you so much everyone. Your support and prayers are greatly needed and appreciated.

Shannon

Anonymous said...

Shannon,

I am so sorry to hear your bad news. We have been praying for you guys for months hoping for a happy ending. Please know that we love you and our prayers are with you and Jeff. Maybe we could have some sort of a fundraiser for you guys to be able to try IVF, also they have a program for IVF threw the clinic for funding, maybe that will be an option for you guys.

Christina said...

Oh, Shannon. I don't know what to say - nothing seems adequate. I'm so sorry.

We love you so much.

Love from your sis

Christina said...

http://christinabulgin.blogspot.com/2007/07/teach-me-lord-to-have-faith-in-what.html#links

Amanda said...

know that you are being prayed for and uplifted during this emotional time. I know I don't have the rigth words to say, just know that our prayers are with you.

The Sabourin Family said...

Know that we're praying for you both and that you are surrounded by love of friends, new & old.

Melissa said...

Shannon...I am so sorry to hear the news. I am praying for you guys!!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys and sending our love to you guys from a distance. Wishing we could be closer now.

Allison