Saturday, November 17, 2007

UPDATE

I guess I should give everyone an update. Where to begin...

First, Jeff and I are coping with last weeks disturbing news very well right now. The first couple days were hard, but we have been able to give it over to God, knowing that his will is right for us. It is still hard sometimes, especially when I see people who are pregnant, but there have been no tears about it all since that first day.

Second, I talked to a lady this week that mentioned her mother had IVF paid for by an organization in Calgary. We knew there was a fund for IVF... but it was nice talking to someone who had experience with it. So I looked it up online and found out that there is a good chance that we will qualify for it! We have to wait until February when we go back to the Doctor to ask about it... it will be a long wait!

Third, we got a puppy!! His name is Tillsley and he is a pure breed Chihuahua. He is such a cutie! Our Thrift Store manager breeds them, and let's just say I got a good deal for taking care of all the puppies for a week while she was gone. So far he has been great. We are Pee-Pad training him which is going well... somedays! We had a little trouble at night with whining and barking, but we put his crate in our bedroom and now he doesn't make a sound at night. The cats are a little annoyed with him since all he wants to do is play... but the last day or so they have been getting along a little better, even crawling into my lap to all have a snuggle.



Isn't he cute!! Not much of a dog... Jeff says it's like a hamster that is allowed to run around the house!
I think that is all the news so far. Christmas is starting up in a couple weeks so life will once again be crazy busy. That's good for us... keeps our minds off of baby things!
Have a great day!
Shannon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you two. I have not checked your site all month, and am so sad for you at the news you received at the beginning of the month. Though I must say, I thought right away of how God wants to show himself to be a truly miraculous God through your faith in Him. Love the puppy, at the stage very adorable, and as your pets should be, it will likely be a perfectly ugly cute as it grows up...you know, skinny pigs and all. LOL How will Smokey deal with two cats and dog? Visits are looking tough!! LOL
Well, it is midnight here, I should be in bed, but Rick is away for the week at his RCMP chaplaincy seminar and that makes me a night owl!
Love you guys, love your pets and please take joy in the fact that you are held in the prayers of not just ourselves but our church members as well. God Bless! Brenda

Shannon said...

Hi Brenda!

I was just thinking of you guys this week and how horrible it is that I never call you... sorry!

As for visits, now maybe my cats will be use to dogs! Although, your dog may eat my dog... hmmm...

Hopefully we can plan some camping or something next year. Miss you!

Shannon

PS. Thanks for the prayers... we need them!

Christina said...

Heard this song today...thought of you.

Love you tons...

Christina


Merry Christmas - by Third Day

There's a little girl trembling on a cold December morn
Crying for momma's arms
At an orphanage just outside a little China town
There the forgotten are

But half a world away I hang the stockings by the fire
And dream about the day when I can finally call you mine

It's Christmas time again but you're not home
Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone
And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms
And tell you from my heart I wish you Merry Christmas

As I hang the tinsel on the tree and watch the twinkling lights
I'm warmed by the fire's glow
Outside the children tumble in a wonderland of white,
Make angels in the snow

But half a world away you try your best to fight the tears
And hope that heaven's angels come to carry you here

It's Christmas time again but you're not home
Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone
And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms
And tell you from my heart I wish you Merry Christmas

Christmas is a time to celebrate the holy child
and we celebrate his perfect gift of love
He came to earth to give his life
and prepare a place for us
so we could have a home with him above

It's Christmas time again and now you're home
Your family is here so you will never be alone
So tonight before you go to sleep, I'll hold you in my arms
And I'll tell you from my heart, and I'll you from my heart
I wish you Merry Christmas

Shannon said...

That's beautiful Christina! Thanks for sharing... except I should have read it at home... cause now I'm crying at work!! lol!!

Love you!
Shannon