Saturday, August 11, 2007

"Facing the Giants"

Have you seen this movie? If you haven't, go and rent it. It's got a great story... unfortunately the acting isn't the best, but for a movie that was made on 100,000 dollars... not bad! It was done by a church in the States. We watched it in June with the Bible Study group, but I saw it again tonight on TV.

The movie is about a high school coach and team that haven't had a winning season in 6 years. It goes through the coaches struggles with his work, his house, car, and, you guessed it, infertility. Him and his wife have been trying for 4 years and finally decide to go and get tested. It turns out that the wife is okay but the husband's check-up isn't good. The whole movie is based around what God can do. I won't give away the ending... just go and see it.

Anyways, there is a quote in the movie that has stayed with me since I saw it in June. The wife is talking to her husband about going to get "checked out" and how he shouldn't be scared to do it. She then goes into how much she wants children. She dreams of them running around the house, of reading them stories, etc. Then she says "How can I miss someone so much who I haven't ever even met?" I bawled at that. It describes my feelings to a tee. Every month I grieve for a child I have never seen. I cry for the life that never was, and maybe never will be. And I wonder like her "how can I miss someone so much that I have never even met?"

If you want to understand a little about what Jeff and I go through every month... watch this movie. I have not seen a movie yet that better portrays the struggles of infertility.

Most of all though, what I want to remember from this movie is the theme. NOTHING is impossible with God. I need to not only believe that... I need to live that.

Go watch the movie!

Shannon

No comments: