Wednesday, August 15, 2007

2ww

Hi all.... or is there anyone there? I don't know if anyone is reading this blog anymore, but no matter, it helps me get my "thoughts and feelings" out.

I am now in the 2ww. I was sitting in the TV room this morning watching "a baby story" (I'm totally addicted!) thinking about how these weeks suck, when I thought of a good part of it. When I am in the 2ww it is hard because you want to find out if you are pregnant and 2 weeks is a long time to find out. The good part is that you have 2 weeks where you can pretend to be pregnant. You have hope. If I let myself, I can dream about being pregnant, when I would be due, how we would tell people, how the room would be set up and so on.


The catch to this fantasy land of pregnant bellies and baby clothes is that so far in my life, after the 2ww I end up not being pregnant and therefore crushed. The problem with letting your emotions run high is that they can then run VERY low. The emotional trip is not just unpleasant, it eats away a little part of you each time.


So, some months I let myself dream and prepare for the heartbreak, but other times I hold back. It is as if my brain knows when I can handle it, and when I can't. The mind is amazing like that.

I guess this month my brain sees fit to let me dream!


Shannon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon,

I think about you everytime the girls and I sit down and watch "A Baby Story". I actually feel guilty sometimes when I think about if I had my tubal reversal done and it actually worked, how unfair it would be for me to get pregnant again when you are having such difficulty having one.

Christina said...

Hi, beautiful!!!

...of course I still read your blog!

God willing, one day this 2ww of torture will pay off for you and Jeff...

Until then, you have the world's best nephews to love! ;)

Love you TONS!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hon,

I still check in once and a while too. I love reading what you write, you are developing a fantastic ability to put feeling to paper. I have told my friends about your blog because I am so impressed with how you have developed through writing.

I would not be surprised if God were leading you to a process of sharing your story in a book one day when your miracle has shown itself.

The Book of Shannon.

Love you and am so sad to have finally had a year where we have not seen each other. :( The years not out yet! Maybe there is a chance still?!

Keep writing and we will keep reading!