Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Cord

The Cord
 
We are connected,
My child and I, by
An invisible cord,
Not seen by the eye.
 
It’s not like the cord
That connects us ‘til birth
This cord can’t be seen
By any on earth.
 
 
This cord does its work
Right from the start.
It binds us together
Attached to my heart.
 
 
I know that it’s there
Though no one can see
The invisible cord
From my child to me.
 
 
The strength of this cord,
It’s hard to describe,
It can’t be destroyed
It can’t be denied.
 
 
It’s stronger than any cord
Man could create.
It withstands the test
Can hold any weight.
 
 
And though you are gone,
Though you’re not here with me,
The cord is still there
But no one can see.
 
 
It pulls at my heart
I am bruised, I am sore.
But the cord is my lifeline
As never before
 
 
I am thankful that God
Connects us this way
A Mother and Child
Death can’t take it away
(Author Unknown)
 
 
 
I found this poem last night and thought it was so beautiful.  I know that sometimes to those that are around me I can seem like everything is okay and I'm doing alright, but that Cord that connects me to my babies is strong and sometimes it really just pulls me so hard that I feel like my heart could break in half.  I know I will be okay... I know that time heals.  But it does leave a scar.
 
Tomorrow I have an appointment with the Doctor... I am both thankful and scared.  I am thankful that this time I am going to see a doctor... last time I didn't have any medical attention and I felt kind of lost and alone in the whole ordeal.  But I'm scared because this appointment was originally set up as my first prenatal appointment.  I would have been 7 weeks today.  I didn't realise how hard it would be to keep the same appointment.  Plus I have to go to the women's clinic which I'm sure will be filled with pregnant women.  I'm really praying I can keep it together while I am there.
 
As always, would appreciate your prayers.  Thanks everyone.
 
 

1 comment:

Brenda S. said...

I'm so glad you will be seeing a doctor as well but agree with the difficulty of it being that same appointment that would have been so joyous. I just don't understand why the miscarriages! Two people on separate occasions asked me to tell you that you should ask your doctor about strengthening the womb by sewing it up? Strange ideas (both had a friend/family who had miscarried 5 times before this was done and then carried a baby to term on bed rest) but you may understand better than I did what they were talking about. Hard to explain but I thought I should mention it if you will be seeing the doc tomorrow. Praying for answers and understanding from the docs and nurses you will come into contact with. Love you.