Thursday, October 11, 2012

We Have The Dates!

We finally have the dates for our upcoming FET (frozen embryo transfer)!  We had to wait until my cycle started to know for sure when things would be happening.  So, if all goes well here's what will happen...

On October 22nd we have our first ultrasound at the clinic to check my lining.  They will want to see that it is between 7mm and 12mm in thickness.  For our IVF cycle my lining was at 11.4mm so they don't expect that I will have any issues.  However, you never know what your body will do and what worked one month might not work the next.

If my lining looks good then we will transfer our embryo on October 26th.  Thawing embryos can be tricky and there is a chance that our embryo will not survive the thaw.  We are praying hard that this will not happen.  IF our little one doesn't make it they will take out another one and thaw that one.  And if that one doesn't make it they will go to the next and so on and so on.  There is a chance that by the end of this month we will have lost all our babies.  That is probably the scariest part for me right now.  The idea of losing our 5 babies without them ever having a chance to live inside of me even if only for a couple weeks makes my heart stop a beat.  That will be the most devastating outcome.

If our embryo thaws well though (please Lord let that be the case) they will transfer it that Friday and then we will be into our 2ww.  Our Beta test for pregnancy will be on November 7th.  I haven't determined yet if we will take a HPT (home pregnancy test) before that.  Part of me likes the idea of not knowing for as long as possible so that if the result is negative I can "pretend" for a few more days.  I guess we will see when the time comes.

So that's the plan for now.  If those dates change I will keep you all updated.  Please continue praying for our little embryo and that he/she thaws well and will be able to snuggle in tight.

No comments: