Sunday, November 28, 2010

Random Thoughts

It's 3:30 am and I'm wide awake.  For some reason I've been really bothered again about the little boy we were going to adopt.  I think it's because Christmas is here and I had dreamed about finally sharing Christmas with a child. 

It's funny how you judge time by holidays.  Every year I think to myself, "this will be the last Christmas we celebrate alone... for sure by next year we will have a child."  It's been almost 8 years... sigh.

I've also been thinking about the other little boy we were going to adopt from Zimbabwe.... I think that's been due to the snow.  Back when we were thinking he was going to be coming here I remember thinking about what it would be like for him to see snow and how cold he would be.  It would have been fun to see his face on the first day he got to play in it though. 

We haven't heard anything from Social Services about any potential children.  We had heard there was a little boy who might be available sometime before Christmas but so far nothing else has been said. 

I go on Monday to have blood taken to make sure things are still okay with me and that I'm ovulating.  I was a little worried, as the last couple months I hadn't detected ovulation, but this month I got a positive test.  So that made me feel a little better.  Once I have the test done I'll make a doctors appointment to get the results, as well as the results of Jeff's Semen Analysis.  I'm praying that his numbers have improved a little with the vitamins he's been taking.

2 comments:

The Mailman's Wife said...

Hi Sweetie! I think of you often and of your little boy. Know that I love you and I am walking with you! HUGS!!!

Bre said...

I hate that you are so far away from us now. We still pray for you guys that you will have a child soon to call your own. We love you guys like crazy and just remember that God answers prayers in HIS time, not ours. Big Hugs