Monday, March 16, 2009

Praying

Do you know what I have enjoyed these last couple weeks? Praying for our child. It is quite likely that our son or daughter has already been born (unless we get an infant when we adopt). That is both exciting and scary. I pray everyday that God will protect them until we are together as a family. It scares me to think what they may be facing in their young lives.

I also imagine that somewhere out there a child is praying for us too. Not us specifically of course, but for a mom and dad. I pray that we will be great parents.. understanding, patient and loving. I pray that God will help me with the skills I will need for a child that has been through a tough life.

I would appreciate any prayers for Jeff and I as we go through this journey to get our family.

Shannon

6 comments:

Jenn said...

what exciting news!!!! i'm so happy for you! doesn't it feel amazing to feel like you're on such an incredible journey? i used to have a sense of peace knowing that God had already matched our souls with the soul of another in the universe. even though our boys hadn't been born yet, we were still connected to them.

Shannon said...

It is exciting! And yes, I have never felt so much peace about having a family. I am excited to start the process!

Anonymous said...

I love this post Shannon! Just think that you may be looking at the same moon tonight as your child! Awesome!

Definately praying that your child will be kept safe and protected by His angels until he/she is safely in your arms. Also that God will give you both incredible wisdom and strength through the many years of parenting that will be ahead of you.

Christina said...

God is good! So great to read this encouraging and peaceful post.

The Sabourin Family said...

Praying for you both and knowing that there is an incredible blessing awaiting your family!

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." - Hebrews 11:1

Allison said...

I really do pray the Lord's richest blessings on you and the precious child (children) the Lord has chosen for you.

I can't imagine better parents for a child to know he is wanted and well-loved.

Awesome news!