Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Crazy Pill Time!!

So AF showed up over the weekend... booooo!! Kind of figured it would. So I am on to yet another month of TTC. It sucks!

I'm going to do something a little different this month though. Usually I take Clomid on CD 5-9. I read somewhere that if you take it CD 5-9 you get better "quantity" of eggs. If you take it CD 3-7 you are suppose to get better "quality" eggs. Considering that I already ovulate on my own, I don't really need quantity, I need quality. So I am going to take it CD 3-7 this month. I did a bit of research and it said in several places that women have actually had more success taking it CD 3-7 then CD5-9... so hopefully I will be successful as well.

I also have a doctor's appointment next Wednesday to talk about our next option... IUI. So we shall see if maybe my next cycle (September) I can get that done. It's the cheapest of the fertility treatments. It will probably cost somewhere between 400 and 500 dollars... I hope.

Anyways, that's the update on me right now. Keep praying everyone... don't give up on us!

Shannon

6 comments:

J9 said...

Just out of curiosity (and I'm sure you've been asked this before, but I'm honestly just curious), have you ever read anything by Toni Weschler? If not, I would highly recommend her... (and I'll shut up now...I'm sure you're ready to throw things at people who try to give you un-solicited advice...)

Shannon said...

Not at all! No worries! And I haven't read anything other then a few excerpts on the internet. The ladies on my forum swear by her book. I've never really given much thought to getting it myself... not sure why actually! I guess because I already feel like I know everything there is to know about my fertility!! Of course this is probably not true... but I feel like it!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your new attempts

CC said...

I've been reading your blog for a few months now. I'm in the same sort of situation and can understand how you're feeling. Hang in there Shannon. I just know that you'll get your much-longed-for child.

Shannon said...

Hi CC,

Just curious...how did you come across my blog?

I am glad that there are people out there who are reading! I hope that you and others will find some sort of comfort in knowing that you are not the only one going through the pain of infertility.

May I ask what your situation is? Of course I understand if it is personal!

May God bless you as you go through your struggles,

Shannon

CC said...

Thank you.
I believe that I found your blog through something I typed in Google and I bookmarked it because it gave me strength to read how much you have.

My situation is very similar to yours in the way that I've also been trying for a long time - 2.5 years consistently and about 1 year before that off and on.
It's only recently that we've been thinking of using other fertility methods.
God bless!