Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sorrow

I would have been twelve weeks today.  This week would have been an exciting and relief filled one as I entered into the second trimester.   It is this week that I probably would have relaxed a little more and felt a little more sure that there were healthy babies growing in my belly. But, instead of relief I'm feeling much sorrow at the fact that my babies are gone. 

I'm at our leadership camp this week and seeing many of my colleagues with their young children has been incredibly hard.  Seeing, especially, how much their children look like them opens wider the wound on my heart.  It's been many years since I've felt this kind of pain when looking at others children.  The beauty of long term infertility is that, with God's strength, you learn to cope and be happy when you see things that would normally hurt.  I guess the miscarriage has added a new level to my pain and so I find that I am having to learn how to adjust again.  

I am so thankful to the Lord to know that no  matter how much my heart aches right now I can lean on His arms and trust Him to hold me up.  I'm also thankful for Jeff.  He's Been good these last few days at asking how I'm doing and just listening to my thoughts rather than doing the typical guy thing of trying to "fix things".  

I know that this pain too shall pass and I know that I will come out the other side a stronger person, but I admit that while I'm in it it is hard to not just wallow in my pain and pity for myself.  I would love your prayers as always.

3 comments:

Joliving4Jesus said...

I pray for you a lot Shannon, I cannot imagine your pain, I think about you all often. I pray the Lord will give you the strength you need to get through this extremely difficult time and I pray he has many miracles and blessings of children coming your way!

Anonymous said...

Shannon I love you so much!!! I can't believe how strong u have been through all of this I am so thankful that we have a God who helps us through these things....your faith amazes me!!!

Mom /Shelley said...

Shannon
You are so much in our hearts and prayers as you go through this pain. I know it is so real and yet so silent.

Much Love
xo