Sunday, April 27, 2008

I miss my puppy!!

This has nothing to do with infertility... but I miss my puppy! I just dropped him off at my friend Dawns house. We are going to be in Calgary all this week at a conference and it didn't seem fair to have him in his kennel all day and night (6:30am - 8:00pm). This is the first time I've been away from him since we got him in November. I really hope that he doesn't terrorise them all week!!

Seriously, I am really going to find this week hard. I know some of you are thinking... "its just a dog"... and I wish I could think that way, but he really has become my baby. You have no idea what that puppy has done for me during these last few months. We got him just after finding out about our 1% chance of ever having children (without IVF) and I think it is because of him that I didn't have a complete breakdown. Having to look after him and "baby" him has helped fulfil that motherly side of me. And of course bringing him everywhere with me and having people tell me how cute he is!

Well, I will probably regret writing this in the morning when I realise just how lame all of this is... but oh well. I miss my puppy... that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Shannon

No comments: