Sunday, June 17, 2007

She's gone...

Olive Mutford 1920-2007
Well, The struggle is over, last night my Nan passed away. I'm still in shock. I just can't believe that she is really gone. I thought I was prepared for her death... that I had made peace with it... but I'm so upset. Just knowing that I won't be able to go to her house for dinner when we go home next year... to know that I won't be able to kiss her or hug her again. It's really hard. I'm going to miss her. I am so glad that I got to go home and say good bye though. I think this would have been a lot harder if I had not had the chance to do that.
Please keep our family in your prayers. The funeral is tomorrow.
I love you Nan. We are all going to miss you. :(
Shannon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sorry for your loss! I am happy that you got to be with her one last time. Now you have the memories you make you laugh and make you cry.
I am sending you hugs!

Christina said...

Love you, Shannon. We're all in this together.

The Mailman's Wife said...

Sorry to hear that Sweetie. We will be praying for you and your family. Love you!

John Mutford said...

Shannon, that picture is beautiful.
I hope you're coping well.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture. It is so nice to put a face to the woman who has inspired you so much. May God be your strength and comfort.