Monday, July 12, 2010

Heartbroken... again

I've said before that this adoption has been like a roller coaster... well the ride has unfortunately come to a stop. :o(

Jeff and I have decided, through much prayer, that as of now (unless something drastic changes) we will not be adopting Anesu. As you can imagine we are heartbroken over this decision and we definitely did not come to this conclusion lightly. We met with the adoption coordinator last week and after getting from her a couple pieces of bad news (to add to the other's we already knew) we decided the risk of things not working out, after pouring in LOTS of money, was just too great.

Jeff and I really want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and for helping us with money. It was such a blessing to see how many people are behind us and really want to see us complete our family.

Shannon

4 comments:

The Mailman's Wife said...

Mt heart is breaking with yours. I love you both and I know that God has a plan. We will hug later!!

Melissa said...

Shannon,
I am so sorry!! My heart breaks for you guys!! Please know that Rob and I are praying for you both!!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

wow...why heartbroken?

Meehaa said...

I read your story and wanted to say I am so sorry things didnt work out. I was adopted as a little infant and am so thankful to God for connecting me with my parents. My mother trult believes after years and years of praying that I was an agnel sent from heaven. I pray that one day you will meet your angel and complete your family. Good luck and best wishes...Maria